- Do you believe that judges should use "empathy" to decide cases?
- Do you believe that interpretations of the Constitution should evolve to keep up with the times?
- Should Supreme Court justices be bound by precedent?
- What is the court's role when interpreting ambiguous laws?
- What matters most, the law or the result?
If Sotomayor's answers reveal a role for identity politics and policy-making in judging the facts of cases or the constitutinality of laws, then her nomination should be voted down.